Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I get paint stains out of my best jeans ?

I was helping a buddy whose flat was trashed. I think its imulsion paint %26amp; is water based.How do I get paint stains out of my best jeans ?
go to hardware %26amp; get the stuff for soaking %26amp; cleaning old paint brushes, i don't remember the name but i saved a brand new pair of jeans with it. just soak over night %26amp; wash. it didn't take out any color or anythingHow do I get paint stains out of my best jeans ?
I've never been able to remove paint from denim. Once it penetrates the fibers, you have it for life. It will fade after several washings, but not totally go away.
Try hydrogen peroxide. Apply and let it set. Dab the excess and launder. Do not put the jeans in the dryer. Check the jeans to see if the stain is still there. If so, try again.
Emulsion will come out, if you scrub hard, with normal washing powder and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment