Tuesday, February 23, 2010

PLEASE HELP! My paint stain is too purple.?

I tried to use the SW Deep Cherry and it is too purple.. I want a med to dark rich cherry with more red than brown.. Any Suggestions? Or has anyone used Sedona or Cordovan?PLEASE HELP! My paint stain is too purple.?
I haven't used any of the colors you've mentioned.





I will suggest that you go back to the paint store and get either sample jars or a quart of paint in three of the shades you think might work. Get three sheets of posterboard. Paint each sheet of posterboard with one of the colors and tape them up on your wall using painter's tape. This gives you a good big swatch of color and it is truer than paint chips. Which ever appeals to you the most, go buy it. I have cried in frustration over mistakes with those useless paint chips. The clerks at the paint store are only so helpful, too, because they can't crawl inside your head and know exactly what color you want. Only YOU know. Good luck! I've certainly felt your pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment