Thursday, February 25, 2010

I want to make sure I strip my deck correctly, any suggestions? Currently their is a painted stain on the dec

we need to strip, sand, and make sure everything is even before reapplying paint. Here is my plan.





I powerwashed last night to remove dirt. I am going to apply the stripper, allow it to soak in for about an hour, scrub and powerwash off, then sand. Is that pretty much right? Any suggestions on the best way to do this would be great.I want to make sure I strip my deck correctly, any suggestions? Currently their is a painted stain on the dec
Yes, that should be fine. I don't usually use the stripper when I do it, but sounds like a good thing. Good Luck.I want to make sure I strip my deck correctly, any suggestions? Currently their is a painted stain on the dec
i used Sherwin Williams 3 step system... stain sealer remover, revive, and their deck wash. i turn out amazing
The stain will probably respond much better to the sanding than to the stripper. Give it a try though. You may find that a good bit will come off with the first step, thus reducing the need for alot of sanding.
Paint strip it and sand it ,stain sand it.
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment