Thursday, February 25, 2010

Due to an accident I have paint stains on my concrete front steps. What is the best way to get rid of them?

The stains are droppings from somebody carelessly painting the entry door and trim. Some stains are oil based dark green and others are latex off white.Due to an accident I have paint stains on my concrete front steps. What is the best way to get rid of them?
Actually, I wouldn't care. One season and the weather will take care of them, that and people walking on them. Drastic? Then paint the stairs over the spots, there are many concrete colors to choose from. Good Luck!Due to an accident I have paint stains on my concrete front steps. What is the best way to get rid of them?
I'm sure some of them would have chipped off if they were thick enough. Once they were 'thinned' out with panit thinner they just became a stain. I would use a wire brush and something gritty like sand or rock salt.

Report Abuse



You could try some mineral spirits, depending on how old the stains are, but you may need to use a paint stripper. I would first try that on a small patch of the concrete to make sure it doesn't discolor it. Wear gloves when handling these chemicals.
Try paint remover or turnpentine.
Try paint thinner and a scraper, that just might work.
use sodium carbonate with water/turpentine
You can always try the basic stuff (paint thinner or turpentine). I'm not sure how well that works on dry paint on a surface though. You could also always try a chisel, but try not to scar the steps.
Paint thinner or mineral spirits for the oil. Goof-off for the latex.
You may want to look into renting a high pressure sprayer. Unlike the many other suggestions this is environmentally friendly. If it is only a few drops here and there use a wire brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment