Saturday, February 27, 2010

What can I use to get year old paint off stairs? Also. what stain products work best?

You're going to have to approach this as any other wood stripping project. Get paint stripper and make sure to get in between the seams good. When the paint has been removed, use a fine grade steel wool to ';sand'; the wood. Wash down area to be stained really well to remove any paint particles, etc., as this WILL show up in your finished project. MinWax has some good products on the market and I have used them several times, although I am more pleased with Cabot stains. Good luck!What can I use to get year old paint off stairs? Also. what stain products work best?
I've never used it, but I've heard that Goof Off is great on paint. It's cheap to buy at your local hardware store -- try it somewhere inconspicuous first to make sure it doesn't mess up your floor or carpet.What can I use to get year old paint off stairs? Also. what stain products work best?
If paint is on the carpet I'm not sure. If it is wood there's a product called Krud Killer which is very good.


As far as the best stain I endorse Minwax. It goes on very well and you can get the poly mixed with it.
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment