Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do you get dried up paint stains out of clothes?

I have a pair of wind pants that I haven't wore in years all because I stupidly got paint on them about six years ago; and I was wondering if there's anyway I could still get those paint stains out.How do you get dried up paint stains out of clothes?
I looked in a book %26amp; it said: scrubbing with equal parts of turpentine and ammonia will remove paint from clothing even if the paint has hardened. Do this in a well-ventilated area. Then wash thoroughly %26amp; do not dry in the dryer.How do you get dried up paint stains out of clothes?
It's not worth taking a chance using chemicals like gas or xylene to get the paint out. It almost never works even if the paint is fresh. And if you use this stuff on them, you'd take a HUGE risk of a fire if you dry them in a clothes dryer because the fumes can ignite.





Trash the pants or wear them when it doesn't matter like to paint or clean house. Then treat yourself to a new pair of pants - it's cheaper than replacing your home!
Hi, I'm not sure if this would work but I heard that WD-40 will take this out, make sure to spray just a little on them outside though, just to test a spot, rub off with a clean white rag.


Hope that helps, good luck, :)
a very dangerous product called xylene may remove the paint and leave the fabric unscathed. Just please don't breathe those fumes.
sorry there is no way in hell to get them out,been there done that tried everything and nothing works
gasoline

No comments:

Post a Comment